Secondary questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScOrPiO2983

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...i noticed a lot of the secondaries ask you to list all the schools, both osteopathic and allotpathic, that you are applying to. Personally, I am applying to both types of schools and about 30 total. I was wondering if listing all the schools hurts your chances of admissions. Do they look down on you if you are applying to both allopathic and osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't had a single secondary, whether MD or DO, ask me to list all the schools I'm applying to... and I'm half done with all my secondaries (I only applied to a total of 17 schools though).

OSUCOM asks you this. I'm wondering if I should answer it? Is it really any business where else you are applying? I don't know, feels like if you ask how old you are, or what not...maybe I'm just nervous about listing 20 schools. :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Whether you tell them or not, they have their way of findin out. If i were you, i would go ahead and list the schools but i would also have a good explanation as to why you are applyin to both MD and DO and also which one would you choose if accepted into both. Just be prepared because they may ask you these questions if you get an interview.

I have heard about people who apply to both MD and DO gettin interviews..so i dont think it can really hurt your chance.

I know that NOVA asks this too. Just go ahead and list them.