Secondary worries...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I sent all my secondary money orders on June 26, and some of the schools have recieved them and some haven't. I live in Toronto so is this delay of recievement (for lack of a better word) normal?

NYU, Case, and Creighton have recieved the money orders while UNLV, and Detroid Mercy haven't.

Should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Hi all,

I sent all my secondary money orders on June 26, and some of the schools have recieved them and some haven't. I live in Toronto so is this delay of recievement (for lack of a better word) normal?

NYU, Case, and Creighton have recieved the money orders while UNLV, and Detroid Mercy haven't.

Should I be concerned?

Did u call them because NYU, Case....havent cashed out my check...

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys got secondaries from them already, cause they haven't notified me to send them anything!!!!! :scared:

the secondaries are the fees that we pay when we submit the application

i know but did they contact you asking for you to pay the fee. Meaning do i have to wait for them to contact me first? Sooo confused how do you know that you have to pay the fee, how much and to where? :confused: tnx

teefRcool said:
i know but did they contact you asking for you to pay the fee. Meaning do i have to wait for them to contact me first? Sooo confused how do you know that you have to pay the fee, how much and to where? :confused: tnx

On the application where it says what you have to send the schools as soon as you submit your application, is where you get the info. The schools didn't contact me to send it. The address is on the top left corner on the page where the info is.

Anyone else have any ideas to my original question? :oops:

KHANSAHAAB said:
On the application where it says what you have to send the schools as soon as you submit your application, is where you get the info. The schools didn't contact me to send it. The address is on the top left corner on the page where the info is.

Anyone else have any ideas to my original questions? :oops:

You mean where it says supplemental matrials?

teefRcool said:
You mean where it says supplemental matrials?

Under "Instructions" tab, and click "Dental School Supplemental Information"

KHANSAHAAB said:
Hi all,

Should I be concerned?

Nah, I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. How did you send the money orders? Snail mail or express? If it's snail mail than give it another week and then call the schools again. Unfortunately, some schools have their mail re-routed several times before the intended recipient receives it. Just my two cents. Good luck!

I know my check has been cashed at OU, but they haven't sent a notice of receipt or anything....it's a rusty wheel but it's turning...slowly...

Leeuwenhoek said:
Nah, I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. How did you send the money orders? Snail mail or express? If it's snail mail than give it another week and then call the schools again. Unfortunately, some schools have their mail re-routed several times before the intended recipient receives it. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Yep, snail mail. I sent it through shoppers drug mart. That is, the mail box there.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Yep, snail mail. I sent it through shoppers drug mart. That is, the mail box there.

Yah, I'd give it another week and try calling them to see if they had received it. If after that and they still haven't received it you can either keep waiting or get another money order and send that one express. You can then cancel the first one from being cashed (at least I think you can do this, not entirely sure tho).

When you guys are sending the money orders what information do you give them so they know to match it with your file. Just name?