Seeking a fun ER rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor7

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning out my 4th year and want to do a fun ER rotation...maybe in wilderness medicine or at some resort town. Anyone have an experience or contacts to share?

Members don't see this ad.

doctor7 said:
I'm planning out my 4th year and want to do a fun ER rotation...maybe in wilderness medicine or at some resort town. Anyone have an experience or contacts to share?

EM ultrasound at UC-Irvine was fun. It is near Disneyland and all the Anaheim attractions. Also close to the beach.

-andy

think about doing it in a rural ER, community (Find the right one), or county. These are probably the places that let you do a lot for being a student.

Academic ERs may have too much of a pole up their butts to let you have fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there is a seasonal ER in Yellowstone NP...

Wilderness rotation at Palmetto in Columbia, SC is fun, laidback, with camping and LOTS of free time. Only in September, space limited, no fee except for camping, rafting etc.

USCDiver said:
Wilderness rotation at Palmetto in Columbia, SC is fun, laidback, with camping and LOTS of free time. Only in September, space limited, no fee except for camping, rafting etc.

Do you know where I can get more info on this, USCDiver? Are you from the area?
thanks,
streetdoc

streetdoc said:
Do you know where I can get more info on this, USCDiver? Are you from the area?
thanks,
streetdoc

Hmm, I went to medical school there and took the rotation. It's for students, residents, nurses, whoever. Ron Fuerst is the attending in charge of the rotation. You can find his email address at http://www.palmettohealth.com/residency/index.html

Go big! I did a rotation at a ski resort in February and had a blast. My second choice was Hawaii. The main thing is finding where you want to go and then call enough people until someone says yes.