Seeking Advice on Addressing Academic Dishonesty During Dental School Interview

Started by Suzy2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Suzy2004

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I have an upcoming interview for dental school, and I’m seeking advice on addressing a past academic dishonesty incident from my undergraduate studies. I take full responsibility for my actions and have worked hard to turn things around since then. Afterward, I consistently made the Dean’s Honor List each quarter and took the DAT multiple times, showing significant improvement in both my resilience and work ethic.

While I’ve learned a great deal from this experience and believe it has shaped me for the better, I’m nervous about discussing it during the interview. Honestly, I’m grateful that it happened during my undergraduate years, as it allowed me to grow before entering dental school or practicing as a dentist, where the consequences could have been more severe.

Any advice on how to approach this topic effectively and possibly turn the situation to my advantage would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your help.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I have an upcoming interview for dental school, and I’m seeking advice on addressing a past academic dishonesty incident from my undergraduate studies. I take full responsibility for my actions and have worked hard to turn things around since then. Afterward, I consistently made the Dean’s Honor List each quarter and took the DAT multiple times, showing significant improvement in both my resilience and work ethic.

While I’ve learned a great deal from this experience and believe it has shaped me for the better, I’m nervous about discussing it during the interview. Honestly, I’m grateful that it happened during my undergraduate years, as it allowed me to grow before entering dental school or practicing as a dentist, where the consequences could have been more severe.

Any advice on how to approach this topic effectively and possibly turn the situation to my advantage would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your help.
do it exactly as you have said above...