Seeking Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sks2286

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I am in a difficult situation. I have interviewed at UIC and SIUE. I got waitlisted at UIC and am pretty high on the waitlist (low 30s). I interviewed with Southern more than 5 months ago and they still have not made a decision. No waitlist or nothing. I went to UIUC and graduated in december with a 3.57 gpa and 3.53 science gpa. DAT wise- 19TS-18AA-18PAT. I was involved in college and have good job shadowiing experience. Do you guys think i should move on and start preparing for next year? I would hate to spend more money on applicattions, dat, and dat study guides.

As far as next year, What study aides are best for the dat? I was pretty thrown off my the dat being on a computer. I feel like my gpa is pretty solid so i dont want to do my masters. What kind of jobs should i look for? I would like to be a dental assistant but I dont know how to break into that field. Is there certification and is it necessary. Two of my friends' dads are dentists.

Thank you for all the help, this is a great website

Members don't see this ad.

At this point assume that you will have to apply for the next cycle. As to DAT preparation use things like topscore. These sample tests are also computer based. It is much better preparation than solely going by books such as Kaplan.