Seeking help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hizson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello forum members,

I am not a doctor nor do I work in any medical field.

My name is Jere and I have narcolepsy, diagnosed about 4 years ago. I was taking provigial for a number of years and then about a year ago lost insurance. Is there any companies or anything that assit people in getting needed meds when they can't afford it? My wife is a nurse and works in a nursing home where there are basically no benifits and pay is low compared to many other areas of nursing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless.

Jere

Members don't see this ad.

actually all drug companies have a program as such if you qualify. i would check your manufacturer's website. (brand not generic)

it may take a bit of searching as i don't think they like to advertise that they have those programs but they are out there

Another possibility...In our rural town in south TX we have a program called the OATH Pharmaceutical Assistance Program for low-income families. Charges are sliding scale, possibly free. There are limits on what they will fill. I just don't know if this program is nationwide. You might want to do a search online. Or you could contact any indigent clinics that are in your area, they would know.