Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a first-year undergraduate (Psychology/Pre-med) looking for any summer opportunities where housing is provided, since public transportation from my home would take 1.5–3 hours each way, even for locations that are relatively nearby, making commuting impractical.
I do not have enough professor relationships yet to provide letters of recommendation, so I am not looking at formal REU programs, which are mostly closed and require LORs.
———
I would prefer medicine-related experience, but I’m open to:
- Clinical volunteer positions (only if hospital/clinic, indoors)
- Research (neuroscience, psychology, biology, or related things)
- Paid positions in health or academics
Requirements:
- Housing included (free or covered)
- Indoor opportunities only (due to allergies/respiratory health)
- Volunteer (only if clinical) or paid positions
———
I am actively pursuing a few options already.
I am emailing professors at my university about research/housing, and applying to NSLC and a conference assistant position on my university campus that provides both housing and pay, but I want to make sure I explore all possible opportunities for the summer.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions for programs, labs, or hospitals that might be available this summer.
For context, I am planning to apply to FlexMed in the fall, so I am hoping to gain some meaningful exposure to research or clinical environments sooner rather than later.
I do not have enough professor relationships yet to provide letters of recommendation, so I am not looking at formal REU programs, which are mostly closed and require LORs.
———
I would prefer medicine-related experience, but I’m open to:
- Clinical volunteer positions (only if hospital/clinic, indoors)
- Research (neuroscience, psychology, biology, or related things)
- Paid positions in health or academics
Requirements:
- Housing included (free or covered)
- Indoor opportunities only (due to allergies/respiratory health)
- Volunteer (only if clinical) or paid positions
———
I am actively pursuing a few options already.
I am emailing professors at my university about research/housing, and applying to NSLC and a conference assistant position on my university campus that provides both housing and pay, but I want to make sure I explore all possible opportunities for the summer.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions for programs, labs, or hospitals that might be available this summer.
For context, I am planning to apply to FlexMed in the fall, so I am hoping to gain some meaningful exposure to research or clinical environments sooner rather than later.