Selection spreadsheet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishsticks2629

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can find a school selection spreadsheet.. I can't seem to find one using the search button..

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know....

Seriously, I don't.

Last edited:
SDN will not host it becuase they got in trouble with the MSAR people.....

but i remember it was also on a file hosting/sharing site linked from SDN, i can almost guarantee it would still be there, u just got to find who put it there and linked it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow... the original spreadsheet is back. Any guesses how long it'll take before a mod finds this post and removes it for compliance....

It is copyrighted material, though, and it answers the questions that probably get the MSAR the most sales (i.e., how high an MCAT/GPA do I need? how many people to research? how many get in from out of state? etc.). That could definitely be seen as a threat to sales. OTOH, I wish we could still distribute derivatives based on that data since there's a lot we can do with the data in a spreadsheet that the MSAR simply cannot do.

Anyway, though, since this thread will most likely be locked regardless, here's a link to a copy of one of the last published edition of the spreadsheet (includes all of the EC modifiers, acceptance/interview chances, MCAT estimation, planner, GPA calculator, MCAT x GPA x URM status x acceptance rate graphs, etc.).

Last edited:
Wow... the original spreadsheet is back. Any guesses how long it'll take before a mod finds this post and removes it for compliance....

It is copyrighted material, though, and it answers the questions that probably get the MSAR the most sales (i.e., how high an MCAT/GPA do I need? how many people to research? how many get in from out of state? etc.). That could definitely be seen as a threat to sales. OTOH, I wish we could still distribute derivatives based on that data since there's a lot we can do with the data in a spreadsheet that the MSAR simply cannot do.

Anyway, though, since this thread will most likely be locked regardless, here's a link to a copy of one of the last published edition of the spreadsheet (includes all of the EC modifiers, acceptance/interview chances, MCAT estimation, planner, GPA calculator, MCAT x GPA x URM status x acceptance rate graphs, etc.).

thanks!

lol wow...a 2.2 urm w/ a 21 MCAT has a 10-20% chance of getting into med school....i didn't know that was even possible :eek:

thanks!

lol wow...a 2.2 urm w/ a 21 MCAT has a 10-20% chance of getting into med school....i didn't know that was even possible :eek:

lol... really...? not what i got w/ those stats!

On the graph, 2.2/21 is still in the <10% range even for URMs.The 2.3/22 is where the graph shows the edge of the 10-20% range begins, but such borders on a graph like that are, by their very nature, inexact. A URM w/ 2.3/22 or 2.2/21 stats is highly unlikely to gain an acceptance regardless.

The next version out will hopefully be able to do better trending (and be AAMC compliant). My plan is to calculate trending equations for the URM and non-URM graphs that will better guide the rest of the application in its calculations.

Last edited: