Selegeline patch

Started by sdn1977
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sdn1977

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious - has anyone been at a site for clinical trials for the selegeline patch which will be released soon? I know some psychiatrists have tried oral MAOI's in some of my pts (well - two...) but had to discontinue them.

I'm not sure the dose which would prevent the dietary restrictions would be sufficient to provide enough therapeutic activity (6mg I think???) but transdermally, I'm really unclear about therapeutic ranges.

Has anyone had any experience? It's not been released yet..but will be in a few months. Are there really no side effects with tyramine at the lowest patch dose?
 
sdn1977 said:
I'm curious - has anyone been at a site for clinical trials for the selegeline patch which will be released soon? I know some psychiatrists have tried oral MAOI's in some of my pts (well - two...) but had to discontinue them.

I'm not sure the dose which would prevent the dietary restrictions would be sufficient to provide enough therapeutic activity (6mg I think???) but transdermally, I'm really unclear about therapeutic ranges.

Has anyone had any experience? It's not been released yet..but will be in a few months. Are there really no side effects with tyramine at the lowest patch dose?

From what I've read, at 6 mg there are no dietary restrictions, and no clinical efficacy. 😉