Self-report GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcam17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I sent in an application for my first choice school yesterday and realized I may have botched it. In the space where it asks for JR/SR GPA, I put my JR/SR GPA calculated on a whole point scale instead of the +/- system my school used. I did this because some of the other schools I applied to asked me for the whole point GPA. My GPA on the whole number scale is quite a bit higher than it is with the +/- factored in. What do you think the chances are that schools calculate the self-reported GPAs? If they do, they will think I either made a math error or fudged the truth. Would it be a good idea to send them a correction?

Members don't see this ad.

So I sent in an application for my first choice school yesterday and realized I may have botched it. In the space where it asks for JR/SR GPA, I put my JR/SR GPA calculated on a whole point scale instead of the +/- system my school used. I did this because some of the other schools I applied to asked me for the whole point GPA. My GPA on the whole number scale is quite a bit higher than it is with the +/- factored in. What do you think the chances are that schools calculate the self-reported GPAs? If they do, they will think I either made a math error or fudged the truth. Would it be a good idea to send them a correction?

I would just let it ride. If asked, tell them you calculated it the way you calculated it for everyone else and explain your methodology.

Mark