You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Selling drug info
Started by pharm4312
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It is legal--- but it comes with liability risk.
This is why physicians don't like to answer questions that family/friends/acquaintances ask them.
This is why physicians don't like to answer questions that family/friends/acquaintances ask them.
And that's why health food store employees are not supposed to recommend this or that herbal or vitamin remedy for people who inquire. They can say "It's on this shelf" or "Yes, I have heard that people use it for that" but doing otherwise is practicing medicine without a license. People have been arrested in stings for doing this. 😱 I even reported a local HFS for doing this, although IDK if anything ever came from it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And that's why health food store employees are not supposed to recommend this or that herbal or vitamin remedy for people who inquire. They can say "It's on this shelf" or "Yes, I have heard that people use it for that" but doing otherwise is practicing medicine without a license. People have been arrested in stings for doing this. 😱 I even reported a local HFS for doing this, although IDK if anything ever came from it.
To whom?
And that's why health food store employees are not supposed to recommend this or that herbal or vitamin remedy for people who inquire. They can say "It's on this shelf" or "Yes, I have heard that people use it for that" but doing otherwise is practicing medicine without a license. People have been arrested in stings for doing this. 😱 I even reported a local HFS for doing this, although IDK if anything ever came from it.
OK???? bored lately
Why would they pay for this info when they can just call any pharmacy and get it for free?
Well, maybe he is targetting clients who will be asking questions such as "I'm trying to separate oxycodone from Percocet pills because I dont like the APAP part of the pill.
What are the water solubilities and the best temperature to go about if I am gonna do cold water extraction and would the small amount of APAP that doesnt get filtered injure my veins or body in anyway?"
What are the water solubilities and the best temperature to go about if I am gonna do cold water extraction and would the small amount of APAP that doesnt get filtered injure my veins or body in anyway?"
I think I have seen a site where different types of professionals answer questions for a modest fee of 10 or 15 bucks... so the idea is not exactly novel.
I think I have seen a site where different types of professionals answer questions for a modest fee of 10 or 15 bucks... so the idea is not exactly novel.
Bumping this to see if anybody has thoughts
http://www.justanswer.com/pharmacy/
snip it below. The pharmacists comparatively get paid peanuts (I think 5 to 12 bucks just like MTM
) and the docs only slightly more. It is actually a decent gig for the lawyers. The fees are way higher and they get tons of questions. Conceivably it may be a route to practice though I don't know that industry.
When I first ran across the site about 6 months ago there were like 4 or 5 pharmacists. I peeked at now to snip you a posting and the pharmacist count is at like 8 -10. The amount of questions to the pharmacist is negligible and the one dude swipes most of them. RE: Liability I believe they have guidelines and even physician supervision
. They are expected to defer to the doctor when warranted.
My impression is it is a lame game. I think it speaks to the nature of people and why the majority of working pharmacists cannot get out of dispensing. People value and will pay for the tangible and satisfying outcomes such as when seeking revenge.
SNIP:
Hello - I'm out of the 2.5 Ramipril, but have some leftover 10s - can I break them open and just take a quarter of the contents? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 day ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert: rx_lauren replied 2 day ago.
rx_lauren :
Hello, I am online right now to assist you with your question!
rx_lauren :
Although I understand why this may seem like a possible solution, I would recommend that you do NOT go this route for dosing.
rx_lauren :
The reason is because you cannot guarantee you are getting the correct dose. You may be getting too little or too much and that can change the results seen from the medication.
Customer:
even if I'm very careful? I've been on various doses for years, and it won't matter if I get a little too much.
rx_lauren :
Yes, even if you are careful. The problem is that medications aren't studied or recommended to be dosed that way. Using too little can show the medication isn't effective and your doctor may then increase your dose, and using too much may cause unwanted side effects.
Customer:
ok - thanks!
rx_lauren and other Pharmacy Specialists are ready to help you 👎
snip it below. The pharmacists comparatively get paid peanuts (I think 5 to 12 bucks just like MTM
) and the docs only slightly more. It is actually a decent gig for the lawyers. The fees are way higher and they get tons of questions. Conceivably it may be a route to practice though I don't know that industry. When I first ran across the site about 6 months ago there were like 4 or 5 pharmacists. I peeked at now to snip you a posting and the pharmacist count is at like 8 -10. The amount of questions to the pharmacist is negligible and the one dude swipes most of them. RE: Liability I believe they have guidelines and even physician supervision
. They are expected to defer to the doctor when warranted. My impression is it is a lame game. I think it speaks to the nature of people and why the majority of working pharmacists cannot get out of dispensing. People value and will pay for the tangible and satisfying outcomes such as when seeking revenge.
SNIP:
Hello - I'm out of the 2.5 Ramipril, but have some leftover 10s - can I break them open and just take a quarter of the contents? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 day ago.
Category: Pharmacy
Expert: rx_lauren replied 2 day ago.
rx_lauren :
Hello, I am online right now to assist you with your question!
rx_lauren :
Although I understand why this may seem like a possible solution, I would recommend that you do NOT go this route for dosing.
rx_lauren :
The reason is because you cannot guarantee you are getting the correct dose. You may be getting too little or too much and that can change the results seen from the medication.
Customer:
even if I'm very careful? I've been on various doses for years, and it won't matter if I get a little too much.
rx_lauren :
Yes, even if you are careful. The problem is that medications aren't studied or recommended to be dosed that way. Using too little can show the medication isn't effective and your doctor may then increase your dose, and using too much may cause unwanted side effects.
Customer:
ok - thanks!
rx_lauren and other Pharmacy Specialists are ready to help you 👎
No money in it. Not only can you call your pharmacist for free, but there's all the massive amounts of good medical info available for free at cdc.gov, nih and various assorted sites sponsored by government health services all over the world.
For me, one of the most staggering aspects of the internet is the number of highly-educated, brilliant people, some of whom spent many years and tens of thousands of dollars getting to a rare level of knowledge, who are willing, even eager, to share their expertise for free.
For me, one of the most staggering aspects of the internet is the number of highly-educated, brilliant people, some of whom spent many years and tens of thousands of dollars getting to a rare level of knowledge, who are willing, even eager, to share their expertise for free.
And that's why health food store employees are not supposed to recommend this or that herbal or vitamin remedy for people who inquire. They can say "It's on this shelf" or "Yes, I have heard that people use it for that" but doing otherwise is practicing medicine without a license. People have been arrested in stings for doing this. 😱 I even reported a local HFS for doing this, although IDK if anything ever came from it.
seriously?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 526