Thought Puddle
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Status (Visible)
I've sent in my 2003 AMCAS to a bunch of new schools, but I left off the ones I was waitlisted at, I was worried that perhaps if they got the 2003 it would lower my chances of getting in 2002? But now that it's getting late, should I just go ahead? Has anyone gotten off the wait list at a school after sending in the next year's AMCAS?




I know someone in my M'05 class who was accepted off the Tufts waitlist a few days after she submitted her application, and someone else on SDN who never posts on here anymore got into MCV 2 days after filing the AMCAS last year. I would send your AMCAS to both schools you are waitlisted at and schools you were not around August 1 since movement tends to slow in August. I had my 3rd AMCAS ready to go during the second week of July last year and my mom told me to hold off for a week since you never know what could happen. I then was pulled off the WL at 2 schools during the 3rd week of July. You just never know. Good luck in any case, and if you get in after submitting your application it is relatively easy to get your money back.
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads