"Send a check" Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful6891

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
For those w/ experience and those who just know...
can we list schools that are essay-less in their secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

I think UPenn was the only school I applied to that did not have any essays in their secondary application.

UCSF also did not have any required essays, but you could attach a description of your research experiences if you wanted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't remember them all, but from top of my head...

MCW
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Upstate
UMDNJ NJMS (unless you are OOS)
NYMC (not sure... its been awhile)

Hope this helps.

The ones I applied to:
Harvard
NYMC
Mayo
University of Arizona
Drexel
Jefferson

NYU, SUNY Upstate

Wooohoo!

Mayo, Jefferson, Drexel, Cincinnati and Rochester are all on my list!

~~~~~

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the list everyone,

I now know for sure to which "additional" if any I'm going to be applying.

SLU, GW (you must write 3 sentences about why you want to attend GW, literally 3)

michigan state, UMDNJ-RWJ

Michigan State is technically not a send a check secondary.. because if they actually do decide to interview you, THEN you have to fill out secondaries..

=)

I think just sending the check is better than the school asking for a check AND secondary essays, although the cutoff will most likely be based on GPA/MCAT...

University of Vermont
Albert Einstein
NYU
U Rochester

AECOM is a send-a-check secondary except if you 1) have a felony, 2) have applied to medical school in previous cycles and 3) have taken off any time between undergrad and medical school.

Any of those require an explanation.

*Harvard
(for one of their two programs, I think the other one does have an essay, but it's a more competitive program).

*Drexel

*Harvard
(for one of their two programs, I think the other one does have an essay, but it's a more competitive program).

*Drexel
i wouldn't say that HST is more competitive per se. i believe they interview 150 for 30, which is roughly the same as NP, which is interview around 700 for 130. and there are less applicants for HST than NP, as expected.

Duke

kidding, kidding

HA.......HA.

I just looked over it and decided to withdraw my app in the spot. I still have some resemblance of dignity and self-respect left, and that application threatened to end it.

UT Houston, UT San Antonio, and UT Galveston do not have secondaries at all.

BU has the one optional one, don't know how many of you fill it out. i didn't. i thought i was the coolest kid when i got an email saying that my file was on hold cuz they were waiting for Fall grades; so many people get rejected right off the bat. Sent the A's in January and got rejected a couple days afta.

So which current aps are like this? Any input?

Oklahoma, unless you're OOS (asks for your ties to the state)

Tulane also doesn't really have any essays, just a couple of quick questions about what specialty you want to go into and the like.