Send in apps now or wait till final transcript

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by djherse, May 10, 2008.

1. djherse

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys just a quick question..... I will be graduating next saturday should i wait till i receive my final transcript with this springs grades (all As) and with my college honors notation on the transcript or is it better to send all my apps out on monday? everything else is complete just waiting for my final transcript. I will be applying to the tufts, BU, georgetown, and possibly NYMC SMP (want to stay in the northeast)

Thanks for the help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. plausible

5+ Year Member

Most post-bac program deadlines for Fall 08 are approaching fast. If you haven't sent in your application or letters of rec., I would do so as fast as I can. It can take some time for the schools to process the application. As for sending in the transcripts, I would definitely call each school to see what they think. Some schools will start reviewing your application before it is complete, but most will not review your application until it is complete.

Also, at my school, it takes them forever to send out transcripts. Two weeks to be exact. You may want to rush the transcripts in your case to make sure the schools receive your transcripts in a timely manner, but, again, make sure you call the schools you applied to see if its necessary.

3. mori6478

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would definitely say send everything in now including an official transcript from your school even if it doesnt have the grades. Most postbaccs will interview you even if your final grades haven't been posted since a lot of people are coming in straight out of undergrad. Just make a note on your application saying that you will send them in as soon as the grades have been posted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...