Send out ERAS w/o LOR's?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrBuzzLightYear

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just so I understand... Can you send out your ERAS without yet having LOR's from your letter writers? I've lined up four people, given them the forms, but they haven't submited anything yet. But can I still indicate which letters I ultimately want to send to which programs and send out my ERAS? Thanks
 
DrBuzzLightYear said:
Just so I understand... Can you send out your ERAS without yet having LOR's from your letter writers? I've lined up four people, given them the forms, but they haven't submited anything yet. But can I still indicate which letters I ultimately want to send to which programs and send out my ERAS? Thanks

1. yes - you can submit ERAS without actually having LORs actually scanned into the system

2. yes - when you apply to programs, you will indicate which LORs go to which program.
 
Can you apply without assigning letters and then assign them as they come in? I want to send off my application but I only have one letter and haven't even confirmed the rest. I'd hate to designate letters now and have them never submit the LOR.