Send out OAT scores

AzOpt89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused on the process of sending out your OAT scores. I know that you get your scores immediately after you take your test but do you have to wait a certain amount of days before you can send it out. For example I want to take my test July 20th, am I able to send out my scores with my completed application the day after? Hopefully someone can help me pleeease! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a little confused on the process of sending out your OAT scores. I know that you get your scores immediately after you take your test but do you have to wait a certain amount of days before you can send it out. For example I want to take my test July 20th, am I able to send out my scores with my completed application the day after? Hopefully someone can help me pleeease! Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, your OAT scores will be sent automatically once they are processed and validated. You send in your application whenever you want and your OAT scores will be sent directly to the schools you select when you sign up for the test.

I'm taking the test in August for the first time, but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

Ohh ok because on the optomcas website where you fill out the application, there is a section for your OAT scores, do you just put in your scores there and send out the application, then after processing your OAT score they send that automatically? Sorry I am just a little confused because I am trying to take the test and send out my scores and everything within a couple days after I take it. My GPA isn't the greatest so I don't want to send out the application without my OAT score. Hopefully that makes sense

The scores are automatically sent to the schools you requested on your OAT application. But if your scores are the only part of the application that your schools are going to get, you can always fax them a copy of the unofficial score report you receive from your testing center on the day of the test. A couple of schools invited me to interview after that, while others waited to see the official score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once you take the exam on 7/20, you will get an automatic unofficial report of your scores. Enter those into the OAT scores section of your OptomCas app. Schools typically receive your scores 3-4 weeks after your test date- mid August. Don't worry though about delaying your process. I submitted my app Aug 19th and was still considered part of the initial batch of apps sent out to schools. I received my first interview invite a week later. Obviously, most schools don't suspect you are lying about your submitted OptomCas OAT scores. They will just verify it with the official copy. Good luck!