Send transcripts now or after summer class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abudara

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm unsure whether to send my transcripts to PTCAS asap once the applications open or whether to wait till my summer class is over.

My summer class will be finished on 7/27, so the grade will not be published till early August.

The class is a BIOL prereq. Getting an A in it, which I'm confident I will, can raise my preqreuisite GPAs by .05 to .10 in some schools.

For one school it can raise me from a 3.42 to a 3.47. For another school it'll raise me from a 3.18 to a 3.26.

I have everything else completed: GRE, observation hours, and letter of recs lined up. Should I try to just submit everything asap, or wait till probably mid August on the summer class A to boost my prereq gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait until you finish and request transcripts electronically. Those are big differences in GPAs, it can make or break you depending on the school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wait until you finish and request transcripts electronically. Those are big differences in GPAs, it can make or break you depending on the school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response , I feel the same way

Also, mid August would still be 2 months before the first deadline for applications. so I think I would be fine even with schools on rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would send them sooner rather than later. Thats going to be a busy time for PTCAS so there is a very good chance that calculating your gpa will take over a month. Everyday matters with rolling admissions. Just my opinion.

I would send them sooner rather than later. Thats going to be a busy time for PTCAS so there is a very good chance that calculating your gpa will take over a month. Everyday matters with rolling admissions. Just my opinion.

Do you believe it'll make a big difference on getting interviews if I wait an extra 5 weeks? Will schools not look at my application until PTCAS calculates my gpa?

This is my first time applying so I'm not exactly sure how it all works. I appreciate the responses

Do you believe it'll make a big difference on getting interviews if I wait an extra 5 weeks? Will schools not look at my application until PTCAS calculates my gpa?

This is my first time applying so I'm not exactly sure how it all works. I appreciate the responses

PTCAS won't send your application until everything is completed. I had a similar gpa and I believe applying early helped me get invited for interviews and waitlist spots but every school is different.

PTCAS won't send your application until everything is completed. I had a similar gpa and I believe applying early helped me get invited for interviews and waitlist spots but every school is different.
did you eventually get an acceptance. and to which school might i add?

Thanks for letting me know

For my top 3 choices, the one grade doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. But I do plan on applying to more than a few schools. I think I will just send my transcripts over right away. I would also rather be done with applications sooner than later as well.

If anyone else was in a similar situation with similar GPAs, let me know how you handled it.

I appreciate any advice

did you eventually get an acceptance. and to which school might i add?
Accepted to Touro- Bayshore campus. Waitlisted at Thomas Jefferson, SUNY downstate medical center and Lynchburg

Reactions: 1 user