Sending additional LOR at waitlisted schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenbanana88

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on sending an additional LOR to waitlisted schools? Currently on the WL for my top choice and I'm thinking about asking a doctor I've worked with since primary submission for another letter. I've read that this could potentially be a negative, but also unsure why schools would even accept LORs at this stage if they were, and I also don't want to regret anything at the end of the cycle. Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

What are people's thoughts on sending an additional LOR to waitlisted schools? Currently on the WL for my top choice and I'm thinking about asking a doctor I've worked with since primary submission for another letter. I've read that this could potentially be a negative, but also unsure why schools would even accept LORs at this stage if they were, and I also don't want to regret anything at the end of the cycle. Any advice is appreciated!
Since you could scarcely have a more anonymous forum than here, with your username @greenbanana88, you might as well tell us which schools have you waitlisted.
I am most familiar with the Texas schools and the only one that invites another letter for WL students is Texas Tech Lubbock.
Most schools have a deadline for letters in fall and that is that.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the response! Thinking about sending to Columbia, and I confirmed with them that they do accept letters at this time

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the letter and the perceived influence the letter could have on the process. For most medical programs using holistic review, I think that would be ineffective. If it were for smaller or newer programs still trying to fill a class, who knows.

Reactions: 1 user