1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Sending An Updated Transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ModernChemistry, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ModernChemistry

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So the fall semester is almost over and grades should be coming out shortly. Once I get my grades I'll want to send out the updated transcript and I am wondering if this will have to be done through AACOMAS. If you do have to do it through AACOMAS, how long will it take to actually get to the schools?

I ask this because I am waitlisted at one school that will update the list this friday. If i get my grades by wednesday, is it doubtful that I can get my transcript to them in time?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. engineeredout

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Might wanna contact the school to see if they'll accept your transcript through express mail instead of having to wait for them to recieve an accomas update. I plan to send my fall grades to accomas but also to priority them to schools I still have interest in.

4. PipiChen

PipiChen Matan, Plushies, and Pamo
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student

I would assume it will be UMDNJ-SOM and you have gotten all As!!! All the best! :laugh:

5. NPEMTIV

NPEMTIV Accidentally Accepted
    Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I agree completely. A lot of schools would probably be willing to have you send a certified copy directly to them for quicker review. They probably wouldn't accept one you mail yourself, but usually the registrar will send one for you certified for a small fee. This is what I'd do, but make sure you call and ask first.

P.S. I'd also use that phone call as a good opportunity to reaffirm your desire to attend that school and maybe give a few compliments to things you saw taking place during your visit.

6. smooch01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Transcripts need to be processed through AACOMAS so that they can update your gpa. Transcripts cannot be forwarded directly to UMDNJ, I called