Sending DAT transcript from ADA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so i had a question about sending DAT scores
I took the DATs last august and i'm applying now. back then I didnt specify my scores to be sent to anyone. Am I supposed to go back now to ADA and send all of my scores to each school individually? or does AADSAS do it for me ? or do I only send it to schools who in their supplemental info ask for the DAT scores?
Each DAT score sending costs $25 and I'm applying to 16 schools so I'm wondering what I should do. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

option1- reduce the number of schools you're applying to
option2- pay the fee and consider it an investment in your future. it is not 'that' significant compared to application fees you have to pay for 16 schools.

NO!!! Do not go through and send to all schools for $25/each. Only a few schools require "official DAT scores" straight from ada. However most except the scores on your aadsas app. Now in order for aadsas to get a copy of your scores you will have to pay $25 to have your scores sent from ada. You don't need to send them to aadsas directly, if you spend $25 and send your scores to a school of your choice aadsas will automatically get them. Understand? YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND YOUR SCORES TO 16 SCHOOLS!!! hope that helps! This app process is expensive enough without everyone giving them free money.

Members don't see this ad :)
I directly spoke with ADA, and she stated you DO NOT have to pay to get your scores sent to the AADSAS. She stated that the official scores will be sent to AADSAS automatically. Those who took the DAT around June 1 will not have their scores sent out until around June 14.

NO!!! Do not go through and send to all schools for $25/each. Only a few schools require "official DAT scores" straight from ada. However most except the scores on your aadsas app. Now in order for aadsas to get a copy of your scores you will have to pay $25 to have your scores sent from ada. You don't need to send them to aadsas directly, if you spend $25 and send your scores to a school of your choice aadsas will automatically get them. Understand? YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND YOUR SCORES TO 16 SCHOOLS!!! hope that helps! This app process is expensive enough without everyone giving them free money.
so only send to schools that say "official dat scores" required w/ supplement?

so only send to schools that say "official dat scores" required w/ supplement?

I would personally call the schools you applied to that stated an official dat score is needed and see if the AADSAS score is considered official or if you should contact ADA to send it to them. I just finished up my supplementals and I have noticed how some schools have specifically asked for an official dat score, but state in their website that the AADSAS score is an official score that they accept. Best way is to call the schools you are questioning, shouldnt take more than 10 minutes vs $100+ in paying extra for no reason.

I would personally call the schools you applied to that stated an official dat score is needed and see if the AADSAS score is considered official or if you should contact ADA to send it to them. I just finished up my supplementals and I have noticed how some schools have specifically asked for an official dat score, but state in their website that the AADSAS score is an official score that they accept. Best way is to call the schools you are questioning, shouldnt take more than 10 minutes vs $100+ in paying extra for no reason.
ill do that tomrrow morning.
also now that you mentioned finishing up the supplementals. where all did you apply?

Wait I am confused. I thought we had to pay to RELEASE the scores to select schools after the ADA gives them to AADSAS if we didn't select schools when we were registering for the DAT. Are you saying we don't have to release scores and that any school that receives our AADSAS application will be able to see our scores?

Wait I am confused. I thought we had to pay to RELEASE the scores to select schools after the ADA gives them to AADSAS if we didn't select schools when we were registering for the DAT. Are you saying we don't have to release scores and that any school that receives our AADSAS application will be able to see our scores?
we have to RELEASE scores, i just got off the phone with ADA. I didnt know who I was gonna apply to back then , so they never sent my scores to AADSAS. I had to pay $400 for 16 schools and she said it takes TWO WEEKS for them to send my DAT scores to AADSAS!!! :scared:

Paying 25$ for each school to have my scores sent. Not all schools require an official score, most will accept the scores off your aadsas so don't pay for all 16 schools because not all require one!

I wasted so much money because I didn't know this! Don't make my mistake

Paying 25$ for each school to have my scores sent. Not all schools require an official score, most will accept the scores off your aadsas so don't pay for all 16 schools because not all require one!

I wasted so much money because I didn't know this! Don't make my mistake
the lady on ADA told me i had to do it..........i asked her ! gahhh:mad: $400 out of my pocket!

we have to RELEASE scores, i just got off the phone with ADA. I didnt know who I was gonna apply to back then , so they never sent my scores to AADSAS. I had to pay $400 for 16 schools and she said it takes TWO WEEKS for them to send my DAT scores to AADSAS!!! :scared:

I heard that you can just send your score to one school, and then AADSAS can upload that score from ADA. Please have other people confirm this, but what I read from these forums is that if we had designated a school when we took the DAT, then AADSAS is able to upload it from ADA. Rather then spending $400, you might only need to spend $25. Try calling AADSAS and ADA to see if this can work. Or if other SDNers can confirm this, that'd be great!

I have called both ADA and AADSAS about 7 times just for DAT info. AADSAS will AUTOMATICALLY get your scores from ADA as long as you have sent your scores to ONE school. When I took my DAT (last june) I could send my scores to 5 schools for free, this year I guess you can send them to all of them. Anyways, DO NOT PAY FOR 16 schools to receive our scores. AADSAS does upload them from ADA.

If you are a reapplicant, or took your DATs last year, you have to pay to send your DAT scores to ONE school of your choice. AADSAS will not be able to get your scores if you do not do this. Not 16 schools, 1 school.

Some secondaries ask for official scores. However someone who posted before is right, a lot of those schools website say that the scores posted on your aadsas app are official enough. This info is usually on the school website, under admissions, but if not call the school to double check.

For those with doubts, I am a re-applicant and my DAT scores weren't posting on aadsas. Thats why I called for this info. I sent my scores to one school and my DAT scores were posted to aadsas in about 3 days. Last year when I applied, all of my schools received my scores through aadsas and I did not need to pay extra for "official reports."

I am a re-applicant, my DAT scores were posted to AADSAS last week and I didn't have to pay a dime to the ADA.

Any chance the lovely and talented Miss Nguyen can chime in on this since she also called ADA? I selected no schools when I registered so I'm not sure whether I should only pay for one school or for multiple schools. Also I esubmitted early last week and my dat scores still haven't shown up.

I have called both ADA and AADSAS about 7 times just for DAT info. AADSAS will AUTOMATICALLY get your scores from ADA as long as you have sent your scores to ONE school. When I took my DAT (last june) I could send my scores to 5 schools for free, this year I guess you can send them to all of them. Anyways, DO NOT PAY FOR 16 schools to receive our scores. AADSAS does upload them from ADA.

If you are a reapplicant, or took your DATs last year, you have to pay to send your DAT scores to ONE school of your choice. AADSAS will not be able to get your scores if you do not do this. Not 16 schools, 1 school.

Some secondaries ask for official scores. However someone who posted before is right, a lot of those schools website say that the scores posted on your aadsas app are official enough. This info is usually on the school website, under admissions, but if not call the school to double check.

For those with doubts, I am a re-applicant and my DAT scores weren't posting on aadsas. Thats why I called for this info. I sent my scores to one school and my DAT scores were posted to aadsas in about 3 days. Last year when I applied, all of my schools received my scores through aadsas and I did not need to pay extra for "official reports."

the lady on ADA told me i had to do it..........i asked her ! gahhh:mad: $400 out of my pocket!

Same thing happened to me. Both the people at the ADA and AADSAS said I had to pay the $25 for each school and that just sending one wasn't good enough. Since no one seemed to know for sure I just sucked it up and went for it. . .

Just called ADA-they said that we have to pay $25 for all schools in order for the schools to received through AADSAS. That means AADSAS won't be able to release your scores to schools without your "permission" (25 bucks). Sigh NguyenDDS got my hopes up. She is still a sexy shawty however!:D