Sending GRE scores - institution code & department code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balliamo402

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my GRE scores to the correct institution code, but I also specified the department, for which there was an additional code (so when I log in to ETS, it shows both an institution code & a department code for that one designated school). Does anyone know if there's a difference between doing what I did and simply sending it to the institution code (without inputting the PT dept. code)?

I'm concerned because I had the GRE scores sent in mid-July, when I took the test. I submitted the application itself first week of September. However, when I log in to the application, the status regarding receipt of GRE scores still says "Not received." I thought it odd b/c I took the GRE several weeks ago, so I'm sure it should be received by now. Hmm.

I've contacted the program director & he said he'll forward my email to the admissions office, but I just want to know if anyone knows anything about this.

Members don't see this ad.

I also sent my scores in July to PTCAS / other departments, but my status has not been updated on my application, even though I have e-submitted. :/

PTCAS says it will show GRE scores on your app mi-late Sept. The schools I have interviews for have my scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, ok, thanks for the feedback! I'll just have to stay on top of it. I'm just worried about my application being considered incomplete.

*Meant to say "my application," not "my process" :)

Last edited:
I saw recently on the PTCAS twitter page that GRE scores are now expected to be posted in early October. I'm sure schools will understand, since this affects everyone applying to schools.