Sending GRE scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jaybanks95

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I just had a question about sending GRE scores. I did take advantage of sending scores to 4 schools on test day, but I have a few more programs that I am applying to. For these, would it be smart to send my scores as soon as possible or do I need to wait until PTCAS is open? My thinking is that if I send them now, schools will receive them early and I won't have to worry later on. However, I have seen conflicting things about the scores being received in PTCAS and people having to resend them (and pay again!). Does anyone know whether it would be best to wait?
 
I would wait a little bit just because sending scores to schools doesn't take time at all and you still have a month before the opening of the application cycle your score might get lost somewhere between the graduate college department and the PT department, unless the PT dpt has a specific GRE code. You can also call the school and ask directly