SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Sending in Primary Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by altaalta, May 12, 2008.

1. altaalta

altaalta 2+ Year Member

May 11, 2008
    I am confused about the whole "verification of the primary" process...

so I am either taking the MCAT June or July and I want to send in my primaries BEFORE as early as I can so that the application will be "verified" and when my scores come out, I can immediately send it in.

So 3 questions:
    1. how long does it take for the primary to be "verified"
    2. is the personal statement included in the primary, as in, do I have to have my PS completed in order for my primary to be verified??
    3. When should I have my school send the transcript (spring grades already on there)?

THANKS a ton!!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna 7+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2007
    1. it depends on when you submit for verification. if you submit it right away (early june) it won't take as long. if you submit it later when there is a rush it will take longer. somoene else will give you exact time frames b/c I havent gone through the process yet so i wouldnt know.

2. personal statement is included in the primary application. you can make your account right now and just browse through everyting that is asked, even if you aren't planning on filling it out yet.

3. have your school send the transcript as soon as you are ready. if you are waiting for spring grades, then wait. if you alreayd have everything you want on there, then send right away.

4. Green Grass

Green Grass Physician 10+ Year Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Under Your Feet
    when are we going to be able to send in our primary apps back to AMCAS for verification? anyone have that date yet?
  5. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna 7+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2007

isn't first day for verifcation june 1st?
  6. copingmethods

copingmethods 5+ Year Member

Dec 10, 2006
    First day for submission is around June 1st...I think it was the 5th or 6th last year.
  7. ncb

ncb Junior Member 7+ Year Member

May 20, 2006
    Where can we find this information? I've looked all over the AAMC site and can't find the first day for submission.
  8. COdoubleMO2theN

COdoubleMO2theN 5+ Year Member

Oct 8, 2007
    first day of submission says on or around June 4th- it says that on the login window.