1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Sending Letter of Recomendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Onyang, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Onyang

2+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    Hello guys,

Just wondering how you guys send your letters of rec? For my schools, they are specific forms in which the person just fills out. Did you make copies of this or was it put into a envelope and sealed with their signature? Also, for people that applied but didn't get accepted their first try, did you reuse your letters of rec or got another person? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hopein2010

7+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    For my rec. forms, I sent the actual form, a stamped envelope addressed to my school, and an informal letter to the reference stating why I chose them as a reference. In the letter to my reference, I also added some bullets highlighting my strengths, instructions on filling out the reference (like signing the seal before sending the rec letter), and of course, a big "thank you in advance". I put all this in a large manilla envelope, and sent the packet to my reference.
    I also emailed each reference before-hand, letting them know I was sending them a packet.

I got into my school the first time, but if I hadn't, then I would still email the reference letting them know that you didn't get in, but that you would be honored to have them fill out another letter of rec for the next cycle...

4. rangardrum

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    The schools to which I applied all use PTCAS, so I had my references send their letters electronically.