Sending LOR's to AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maryh320

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As my preparation for applying for fall 2004 is going, I can't seem to figure out how the Letteers of Rec system works with AADSAS. If I have 6 letters total, and I have to send first three to school A and second 3 to school B. Do I have to send all 6 to AADSAS first, tell them which letters to send to which school or should I just have my school's letter service do that for me. I am not sure if AADSAS can do special request, plus my fear of them loosing/delay my letters' arrival to schools. Do you guys know if I just can just send letters directly to school after I filed my AADSAS online? Has anyone personally done it before??

Thanks

Mary

Members don't see this ad.

maryh320-

My understanding is that you have a limit of 3 letters that you can send to AADSAS. They will send these 3 letters to all the schools which you have applied.

Since you have 6 total, with 3 going to one school and 3 going to another, I would suggest (if you have a hold of your letters) to photocopy them and send them out to the schools themselves. If you don't, have your recommendation writers make copies and send them (provide school addresses, stamps, and envelopes).

What I did, was use my undergrad's pre-health professions letter of rec service. My professors would write the letter and send it to this office, there they would make copies, and send it to wherever I wanted it to go.

Most school (I would assume), do not have a problem with receiving letters directly. However, some schools like USC don't like to get anything from their applicants unless they specifically ask for it. Please check the letters of rec policies of each school by calling/emailing them.

I suggest you mail your Letter of Recs directly to each school but wait until they received your application from AADSAS. DONT send your LORs to AADSAS. They're so slow and unorganized. I waited about 3 months for AADSAS to send my LORs to my schools and still some schools only received 1 of my letters. I had 3 total. In the end, I just ended up mailing the LORs directly to each school. So just take my suggestion. It'll save you alot of trouble later.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's so confusing. SOme schools want comittee letters, others want letters of rec, others want to send them with the Addsass application, others want them when you to send them when they contact you. That's a lot to keep track of.

Is it ok to send more than three letters of rec to the schools? Is it ok to send photocopies?

Thanks

hey Juan, Agutier and everyone else,

This is what I decided to do after I talked to someone from AADSAS, this lady specifically told me I have no choice of which letters to send to dental schools, they send all of the letters to all the schools I will be applying to. My school has a letter service, so what I am going to do is have all my letters sent directly to my school's Letter service. THen the letter service will send whichever letters I tell them to once the dental schools receive my AADSAS application. I trust the people from my school's letter service a lot more than those of AADSAS. =)
GOod luck everyone in the upcoming apps process.

P.S. see you guys all at the UOP pride day this weekend for those who are going.

Mary

maryh320,
You are doing the best option. I used my school's letter service last year and all of my schools received my LOR's with no problems. Its just one less thing you will have to worry about. AADSAS is notorious for delaying or forgetting to send the recommendation letters.

Yes, that's the best option. Alot of us who applied last year (including myself) had bad experiences with AADSAS and how they send transcripts and LORs. Its definetely best to do it directly from your undergrad school to the dental schools.