Sending LOR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pumpkins90

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked before, but does it really matter how you send your recommendation letters. It has taken almost 3 months to get 3 professors to finally turn in all of my letters. I figured to save time i would have my school send them directly to the dental schools. Is it required to send them through the aadsas? From what i have seen on their website it is opitional. I figure the dental schools probably don't care as long as they get them.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter. If your school has a good letter system and isn't any slower than what AADSAS is, then use them.

I sent mine via AADSAS simply because my application won't be reviewed by any schools until they get the AADSAS info anyways. In other words, it doesn't do you much good to have your LORs on file at the dental schools if the schools haven't received your AADSAS yet. Most likely they won't even touch the LORs until they've received your AADSAS stuff.