Sending online LOR links -- must I COMPLETE my online app first?

Started by Hyne
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hyne

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, just a minor question for you guys, thanks to some vague wording on a number of my programs' websites...especially the ones that use Interfolio...

In order to send my professors the necessary links to write my LORs, apparently I must at least begin the online application process first. Does anyone know how frequently the program also requires you to 100% finish and submit your online app in order to do this? Or can you generally just "save" the application for later? I feel I should like to tweak my app for quite a while, though I need to give my recommenders their links quite soon!

Thank you!!!!
 
I always found it depended on the apps - some had a separate "send link" button, or something similar, that was not dependent on whether the app was finished or not. Others unfortunately did require you to finish the whole thing before the links were sent.