Sending pharmCAS app before second PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdh0202

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I took a first PCAT back in the July but did have low score since I did not study much and wasn't fully prepared (got 57 percentile). I have about 3.2 GPA with some volunteer experience.
So I was preparing for PCAT on October and my pre-health advisor told me to send my pharmCAS transcript asap since it will takes about 5 weeks to process. All I have left is personal statement.But, I was worried since it's rolling admission they would review my application before they receive Oct PCAT score :(
I'm definitely more prepared then last PCAT, using Collin's as main studying tool. I asked one of the school I'm applying to and they told me they would look into whichever higher PCAT score, so does that mean they will wait until they receive my Oct PCAT score?

Thanks for the reply in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe when they see your PharmCAS says "planned to take pcat Oct" they will review later? I'm not sure though just a thought. Maybe call the schools you're interested in and see what they think or if they'll wait to review your app until your retake...

In my experience, if your PCAT score got sent to PharmCas and your application is completed, they will review it and make a decision in that pool cycle. But in my case, I spoke with my Director of Pharmacy and he is aware I will be retaking it in Oct, so he said by the time I retake it in Oct, if I sent my PharmCas application now, it was arrive probably around that time and he'll look at my prelim scores when I bring it in. But that is because I go to the school where I plan to go to pharmacy school, so it might be a different case for other schools you may be applying to. Give them a call and ask if they'll wait to look at your prelim scores or not. You don't want them to look at your application with a not so good PCAT and they make a decision on it.

Hello, I took a first PCAT back in the July but did have low score since I did not study much and wasn't fully prepared (got 57 percentile). I have about 3.2 GPA with some volunteer experience.
So I was preparing for PCAT on October and my pre-health advisor told me to send my pharmCAS transcript asap since it will takes about 5 weeks to process. All I have left is personal statement.But, I was worried since it's rolling admission they would review my application before they receive Oct PCAT score :(
I'm definitely more prepared then last PCAT, using Collin's as main studying tool. I asked one of the school I'm applying to and they told me they would look into whichever higher PCAT score, so does that mean they will wait until they receive my Oct PCAT score?

DEF APPLY RIGHT NOW!!! I was in the same situation as you're in but, I decided to apply even though my PCAT score wasn't that great. I put on my application saying that I was gonna retake PCAT in Oct but I don't need to retake it any more. BECAUSE I GOT AN INTER INVITATION ALREADY!!
May be it varys by school's requirement but I would def recommend you to apply ASAP. From my experience, PCAT score isn't the most important matter. I guess the application got to be well arounded. My stat is 3.78 GPA, 50 PCAT, strong personal statement ( I assume lol) and 3 letters of recommendations from BIO and CHEM professors which I ended up with "A"s. You can find my previous posts and see what happened to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
And I want to add little more. Most schools go by rolling admission system which means that Eariler you Apply, Better Admission chance you will get.

just as a lot of people are saying, most definitely send in applications now. i'm in the situation that you're now however i sent in my applications already and have been invited to interviews. my first one sent me back an email saying that they're going to wait to make a final decision on me until after they receive my PCAT scores which i'll be taking again this october