Sending supplemental materials at the same time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

visbimmer79

Cornellian
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI, I read a thread about the similiar topic, but I've come to ask for a piece of advice from anyone.

According to AADSAS school section, it is saying send xx, xx, and xx materials at the same time you send AADSAS material.

Do you think they are saying we should send other supplemental materials when we get a notification from AADSAS that the materials have been released from AADSAS?

BTW, I also doubt that all the materials will not be sent to the schools at the same time as there are no reasons to send them separately, even though the materials may be received at different time due to the difference in mailing time.:idea:

???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got it! Hm...but what about DAT scores and transcripts?

Sending US check and photo too early may not be recommended as they don't have my information. ---> Can be messed up in theory! HAHA

What about DAT score and transcripts?

I think I can send them now!!

In fact, I think I send all those things now as they will keep it until they can match the materials with "AADSAS" materials.

I don't believe they will throw them away even though I send all of them now.:) Maybe not???????? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent all my supplementals out on May 17th. All the schools begin to make a file for you once they start receiving any information. So it's really up to you!

Yeah I sent out supplemental materials as soon as I submitted the AADSAS app... I wouldn't wait until AADSAS printouts have been mailed to each school.

Obviously, they will make a file for you. They won't toss out checks written for them. Geez.

I am assuming that we have write our name and SS number on the check also?

You can use your AADSAS number instead of SSN, if it makes you more comfortable. Just be sure they know it is your AADSAS number.

uggh...i wrote all my checks with SS number and name on it but havent mailed them yet.
Should i write all over again??
although i am attaching a sheet with my name, address, phone, ss number and aadsas number.

Thanks guys!!

Yes, I also think it's important to write your AADSAS ID number and name down on the checks, photos, etc.

Anyway, transcripts and DAT score report will be sent separately out of my hand!!

Whereas I can send photo, checks and other supplemental things all together in one envelope for each school. :thumbup:

I am assuming that we have write our name and SS number on the check also?

Each school has their own preference... go to the admissions website for each school that you applied to... instructions for sending supplemental materials and checks are covered in detail.

Most schools will take either your SSN or AADSAS ID#, but I'd rather get it right the first time instead of having to go through the trouble of tracking down a "lost" check.

Thanks guys!!

Yes, I also think it's important to write your AADSAS ID number and name down on the checks, photos, etc.

Anyway, transcripts and DAT score report will be sent separately out of my hand!!

Whereas I can send photo, checks and other supplemental things all together in one envelope for each school. :thumbup:

Why would transcripts and official DAT score reports be coming from you and not your academic institution(s) and the ADEA (resp.)? Or am I misunderstanding something about your post?

I wrote all of my information:
name, address, phone, ssn, aadsas number on an attached paper and sent it with all of my checks. Many schools required some of the information as well as a 2x2 picture.

Why would transcripts and official DAT score reports be coming from you and not your academic institution(s) and the ADEA (resp.)? Or am I misunderstanding something about your post?

I didn't send anything yet except for my recommendation letters..

ANd I think you are misunderstanding something!!

Forget about it!

Anyway, I will send my photos and check together in one envelope!!

I wrote all of my information:
name, address, phone, ssn, aadsas number on an attached paper and sent it with all of my checks. Many schools required some of the information as well as a 2x2 picture.

I wrote my name, ss number and aadsas number on the check and attached a paper containing name, address, ss number, aadsas number and phone number.

I emailed the admissions head at Michigan and she said that all they want is your name. SSN and AADSAS number aren't required with the check. Im not sure if this is how it is for all schools though.