1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Sending transcript via Express Mail

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pbure, Jul 19, 2006.

1. pbure

pbure Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just realized I may have made a mistake when I had my official transcript sent. I paid extra to have it sent Express Mail but I sent it to the P.O Box Watertown address..and not the other address Aadsas gives you for Express Mail. It was sent out by my school July 13th but AADSAS still has marked as Not Received.

Is this unusual?
    I had it sent regularly again today just in case the P.O box refuses the Express Mail original transcript my school sent (which would really be annoying!)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TheJuneSpirit00

TheJuneSpirit00 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would say don't worry. It will take 2-3 weeks for AADSAS to update their website and recognize that they recieved it. At least this it what it took for me. Even if it is express mailed. I'd say give it another week and if nothing has changed you should email them or try and contact them VIA a phone call. good luck and don't stress.

4. mlle

mlle Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    those of you who have sent express:

is there a benefit? I mean do they REALLY acknowledge things faster that way?

I have to send a grade change form this afternoon and I don't know if I should bother payiing like 15 bucks.... thanks.

5. mlle

mlle Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I think it takes about 2 weeks from the time you send your transcript until it shows as received.

6. TheJuneSpirit00

TheJuneSpirit00 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would say when theres no deadline don't bother sending anything express. Its not worth it for you to pay 15$ to get a grade change in an extra 5 or so days earlier when AADSAS won't even do anything with it for another week anyway.