Sending updates to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raspberry813

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know what most people do about sending updates to vet schools after vmcas has closed? do you just send an email to the admissions email for each school? I started a new volunteer position that I would like to share with the adcoms, And I was just curious if this is something people do often??

Members don't see this ad.

Completely school dependent. You'd have to email schools and see if they'd be willing to accept application updates. Some will, some won't

Reactions: 1 user
I was debating about this too. I won an award at my engineering job and started working part time for my personal vet (never volunteered with or shadowed her so it’s not on my application at all). But at this point interview decisions are pretty much made for most schools (there are exceptions of course) so I’ve decided to just mention these things in interviews. When I interviewed with SGU and LMU they asked what I’m doing currently and/or what I will be doing until I start vet school. At this point I think that’s the appropriate place to provide them with new information. However, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with emailing your schools if this new experience adds significant value to your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed all of my schools with an update on a new research position I was given back in early November. Most of them told me they couldn't update my application, but if I were to be chosen for an interview I should discuss it then. Still doesn't hurt to try though - a few schools did appreciate the update and the others were still very nice about it.

Hi,
Does anyone know what most people do about sending updates to vet schools after vmcas has closed? do you just send an email to the admissions email for each school? I started a new volunteer position that I would like to share with the adcoms, And I was just curious if this is something people do often??

IMHO, this late in the game, a new volunteer position is unlikely to make a difference. Save it as something to bring up during interviews.

Reactions: 2 users