senior grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

moops

do you think, if placed on a waitlist at a school,even though they don't "ask" for grades, updated transcripts for the past 1-2 semesters are pretty much necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know that it is necessary, but as long as the new grades are similar to or better than your previous grades, I don't see how it can hurt you. It might even help.

Just my opinion.

Best of luck to you.

okay- but what i'm asking is- does anyone here believe or know whether schools require the grades at some point?

The schools will need your final transcripts if you are accepted. Not sure when exactly they need them by but I'd imagine it has to be before classes start.

If you are waitlisted they do not need your grades. Your grades may help your cause if they are good and you send them in. Perhaps it will be one of the factors that take you off the waitlist. Sending your grades in(if they are good) not only shows you continue to excel academically but the mere fact that you are sending something in to the schools demonstrates your continued interest in them. So not sending them is fine. There is no rule(as far as i know) that says waitlistees must send them in at some point. However, sending them in on your own accord if you are on the waitlist can only help you(assuming they are good grades).