Senior residents: salary offers in PP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForSkin

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what kind of offers have you guys been fielding in terms of base + incentives for joining a private practice? what have you been told by recruiters, advisors, etc. about what to expect in the current market based on your geographic preferences?

just curious if all the tales of 350K + 40% after 750K collections are true.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with this to a large degree, bottom line there is a large demand for our services currently - with Derm continuing to be a highly competitive residency and low numbers of acceptance into the specialty this trend will remain the same generally based upon your desired locale to practice.

r/

MOHS

doing a punch biopsy of a dermatofibroma - 300 (10 minutes)
making the path diagnosis - 150 (5 secs)

that's my formula. ka-ching!

Members don't see this ad :)
is that what medicare pays or is that private insurance? whats to stop medicare from cutting 30% off the derm fee schedule? how many biopsies would you see (not how many could you possibly do) in a typical day? i've typically heard that the reimbursements for medical derm are low.

curious1 said:
is that what medicare pays or is that private insurance? whats to stop medicare from cutting 30% off the derm fee schedule? how many biopsies would you see (not how many could you possibly do) in a typical day? i've typically heard that the reimbursements for medical derm are low.

i dunno. truthfully, i'm just talking out of my a$$.
obviously, money is all in procedures and getting the nurses, extenders to do as much of them as you can.