senior year bad grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashbash151

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah so I'm taking really hard classes this semester and I'm not doing so well. i think i might get B-'s or C+'s in my nuero and pchem class, which sucks because my grades previously were never that bad…:(. i just submitted my pharmcas and idk if my bad grades was the last straw. I'm an average student (gap ~3.6, might go sown this semester) and pcat scores not too good (but did good in bio/math/chem parts). I'm afraid that no one will look at my application because I'm late in the cycle. what do you think, is my fall senior year grades enough to make screw up my application? please help, I'm kinda freaking out rn.

schools i want to get into: Temple, Jefferson, ACPHS, Buffalo, MCPHS

Members don't see this ad.

Getting a B or C in PChem is not the same as a B or C in something like general biology or even organic. They know this as well. Passing PChem alone will tell them you can handle pharmacy school.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't doom and gloom...I felt the same way and I just had a great personal statement and killed my interview. I kept in contact with my school of choice and sent thank you emails as well. I was accepted. I have noticed some schools around me are doing a more of a hollistic approach. It's not always about the numbers. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i e-submitted my PharmCAS on monday and they just verified it. It doesn't include my senior year grades. is it bad that my gpa is Freshman 3.64 Sophmore 3.64 Junior 3.56 and Senior year 3.28. I took a lot of hard classes this semester and on top of that i had to put so many hours into my research project that didn't have much time to study. (got a b- in pchem and b- in neuro :( …) Should i update my grades on pharmcas…or wait until i get an interview (hopefully) then update it.

Getting a B or C in PChem is not the same as a B or C in something like general biology or even organic. They know this as well. Passing PChem alone will tell them you can handle pharmacy school.

Speaks the truth.

i e-submitted my PharmCAS on monday and they just verified it. It doesn't include my senior year grades. is it bad that my gpa is Freshman 3.64 Sophmore 3.64 Junior 3.56 and Senior year 3.28. I took a lot of hard classes this semester and on top of that i had to put so many hours into my research project that didn't have much time to study. (got a b- in pchem and b- in neuro :( …) Should i update my grades on pharmcas…or wait until i get an interview (hopefully) then update it.

Relax, you are fine.

Reactions: 1 user