Senior year grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

The Wop

My number one fear concerning dent school admissions is getting a letter from my dream school: OK, we just need to see your senior year grades and you're in!

This semester I am taking 3 upper level science courses + a literature elective. The science electives are NOT going as well as I planned. I definitely have a C in one class, probably a B in another, and not sure about the third.

I already have a few interviews. Assuming I get accepted will I have a certain "requirement" to get a C or better in those classes? I don't have any C's on my transcript thus far.

Concerned...

Members don't see this ad.

there has been a couple of threads about this...i really wanna know and noone tends to answer the question ..can someone let us know ..

ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE LETTER DID IT HAVE CONDITIONS? THE STUDENT MUST MAINTAIN CERTAIN GRADES ??
:confused:
THANK YOU

This shouldn't be an issue. If you seriously want to know the minimum you can do just to get through undergrad, then you're headed down the wrong road. You should still give it your best regardless. The only difference will be less pressure. Remember some of the upper levels you take your senior year will be similar to some of the material presented to you your first year at dental school. Why not make it easier on yourself then, by studying some more now? I'm not saying take for granted your last days of undergrad, but don't let partying and laziness consume you just because you were accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean if u get one c and all a's or b's it would be fine
or couple c's would be fine iguess just do not fail
I have seen people who apply have alrady c's on their transcript...
so y not a c in senior lol
But do your best

I plan on just passing each class. Some A's some B's and C's it is time to relax after getting a 3.8 for four years!

By no means am I letting up, it just looks like this semester I could possibly get my first C. I just hope my top choice doesn't wait until my fall grades are in to invite me for an interview or accept me.

It depends on where youi get accepted. I know my buddies who got into UoP neede to get B's or higher. Temple doesn't even care (i sent my last semester of transcripts in one week after I started school...I think I could have skated by without getting my degree...I don't know, maybe Temple called my school)

Case Western says things like, just pass and your OK. Call each school and find out what they require. It is another reason to call and ask about your application status.

or u mean update in aadsas

Just dont fail any classes C's suck dont get me wrong...But it wont be the end of the world...

If you dont know, now you know

Tufts requires C's and above your senior year.

Guys, If a school wants you to get c's your senior year then all you have to do is pass. Getting c's is equivalent to saying "yeah keep going to school"

They would never say "yeah, its ok to drop out."