Senior Year???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonkst

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you knew how much what I'm planning to do senior year will matter. I'd love to get this whole process done with as a junior, but it looks to me like senior year is where I'm really showing my strengths. Do they take into account things like adding a minor and graduating with honors if you haven't done it yet? These are both plans I have, but I don't want to be overcommitted my senior year and then find myself in a difficult position.

Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

They won't take anything seriously unless it is already completed at the time of AMCAS application. These honors will be useful to update your file later when you're on waitlists, and will also give you something to update at your interviews.

If you think these things will greatly enhance your application and you won't get in without them, wait a year before you apply.

If you just say you plan to do something and then don't follow through with it, it won't be a big deal.

Take as little as possible your senior year!!! Interviewing and secondary filling is like TWO extra classes. It's absolutely horrendous.