Senioritis - Kick back and relax?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fidodido123

P3!!! Class of 2010
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone who has gotten accepted into pharm schools this year has given up on getting A's in every single quiz/exam yet ?

I'm usually very anal about my grades; however, since i got my acceptance letter i have no motivation to study. I am DEFINITELY not going to stick to this trend when i am actually in pharm school, but MAN did i get lazy all of a sudden.

Im just wondering if there are others out there having the same issue as me (not much of an issue but still something that can mess up my cum gpa, i guess). And if so, IS THERE A CURE????!!!????

P.S who is drinking like a fish on saturday :luck: ??

(How do i move this to Off-topic ... didnt realize i posted it in pre-pharm :( sorry admins)

Members don't see this ad.

Ya pretty much.
Had the senioritis for a while now though...
Why would you want a cure? Who cares you're in now lol. Just dont get a C or worse IMO

I made a thread about this in January. Luckily for me, my last physio class is really easy (have an A+) and doesn't require too much work. Something inside is still not letting me get anything less than an A though.

My plan is to ace the first few tests so I can take it easy when I finish off the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have A's in everything so far, but unfortunately my classes are NOT easy :scared:

Principles of patho bio (Second semester P1 course at UCONN pharm school)
Developmental bio (the name says it all)
Experiments in DNA identification (PIA)
Independent study in Molecular and Cellbio (have to do 4 papers per week)
Nutrition (this ones easy)

God help me

I hear ya. My only motivation is keeping my GPA up so I can graduate summa cum laude in May and I'm also up for other departmental honors. It shouldn't be too bad thought. I'm taking Molecular Biology, Reproductive Biology, and Statistics. So yeah, the only cure is having some other reason to keep the grades up.

It's tempting to take it easy but I've worked so hard for the past three years, and when I graduate with my B.S. I want to get as many awards as possible. More stuff to pad my resume up with. I'll have the summer to relax, watch daytime TV, and let my brain relax before I start it all over again in August. ;)

Man, did you just read a page from my life story? I mean, I'm not failing by any means, but man, my study time has decreased 50% at least. Lucky for me, I have only been in college for 2 years and I don't have to work hard to get my B.S. I can't seem to find a cure. Hopefully, summer off will let me totally unwind so when I start pharm school i'll be ready to bust ass for 4 years.....

YES!! Definitely, I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on schoolwork. I find myself refreshing SDN constantly, instead of doing homework. It's pretty bad. I'm even considering dropping some classes just so I don't have to worry about them anymore. :oops:

Senioritis is AWESOME!!! I was in IB in HS so I never got it...hehe

I called UMB today and they told me that I finished all my pre-reqs (I thought they needed two physics but apparently not). So none of my current classes count! Somehow though, I'm getting Bs in everything!

YES!! Definitely, I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on schoolwork. I find myself refreshing SDN constantly, instead of doing homework. It's pretty bad. I'm even considering dropping some classes just so I don't have to worry about them anymore. :oops:

QFT.

i've been contemplating dropping a class, but since i already paid i figure i'll stay in it. I got my acceptance letter and developed ADHD. Plus i am going to daytona for Spring break i can't focus at all.

I thought I was the only one. I got so lazy since I got my acceptance letter. I'm just trying to keep up my grades and get a 3.5 so I can graduate with honor. I got to really start studying after this spring break.

I have it so baaaad. I've already dropped a class I DIDN'T NEED and know I have to bust m ass to get a C in anatomy ( the only prereq i need) I had a double foul. I finished up all my classes for my BS in Chemistry in December and I got accepted at the beggining of Feb. I totally lost all motivation to study but know I have to get a 90%+ just to get a C which is wht I need. I hate myself. Usually Im stressed about weather or not im getting an A or an A- damn this feeling sucks

Also this might be the first non honor roll quater I have had in the last two years. i thought it would be a good Idea to take some PE classes at 7am in the morning. Turns out it wasn;t I have missed at leasta third of the classses so far ant the grade is 100% ATTENDANCE F-me once again for being as a-hole to myself.

I talked to USC and I only need English 104 (Writing in Health), but I'm also signed up for Pre-1500 English Lit just in case anything goes awry with my AP scores. I dunno, then I'm also taking Immunolgy 127 which is the only class left I need to graduate. I think next quarter should be easy.. I hope so at least.

I BUSTED my A$$ in anatomy this quarter, it seriously took over my life and I find out I get into a school that doesn't even require the class.. just my luck :rolleyes:

I have been very eh about my grades now, the beggining of the quarter I had a 97% in my immunology 126 class, then it dropped to a 90% after getting a B on the second midterm and then on this last midterm (no final in the class) I got a 66%, which is fine because that leaves me with an 86% in the class, I'm usually the type to stress over A's.. but not this time.

Not that I'm completely lazy now but I just don't stress too much about being in the top 10% of the class, just as long as I "try my best" ;)

Hahaha same here polarbear, i'm having a hard time going through my breath classes right now, my 2nd anatomy class i'll be happy with a B:)

Hahaha same here polarbear, i'm having a hard time going through my breath classes right now, my 2nd anatomy class i'll be happy with a B:)

Not only do I have senioritis, I have trouble finding motivation to go to class. Especially since my professors really don't care if I'm there or not. I bet I haven't been to half of my classes.

Not only do I have senioritis, I have trouble finding motivation to go to class. Especially since my professors really don't care if I'm there or not. I bet I haven't been to half of my classes.

Sleeping thru my 11 am AND 1PM class today = Super Senioritis :sleep: