Senioritis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wkupredental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So only, what?, 35 days left before we start hearing back from schools... Plus another 2 weeks after that till the semester's over (and I graduate - yaaay).

Is there really any reason to keep studying?
Please tell me I'm not the only one in this boat!

I'm already checked out and TOTALLY unmotivated to do anything. lol... So unlike me.

Anyone else feel like they're barely holding on??

Members don't see this ad.

I say do well in your last semester, just in case they are waiting for your fall grades before making a decision or change their minds after they see them.

I say do well in your last semester, just in case they are waiting for your fall grades before making a decision or change their minds after they see them.

lol. Not loving that advice.

I'm just SO anxious to be done! I'm driving myself crazy.
I have a pretty high GPA, and a decent DAT score... So - I'm like... as long as I don't fail anything and I can still graduate, a couple of C's shouldn't matter... lol.

Seriously, though - Only a month and a half left and I dunno if I can make it. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wait for an acceptance on December 1 hehe.
But right now, with no acceptances on hand, it would be a good idea to work as hard as you can.

When you have that acceptance, then you can just cruise to straight Bs and you'll be fine. Just don't get any Cs, as it'll look really bad on your transcript.

BTW, did you apply to only 1 school? I thought it was risky only applying to 6 schools lol.

lol. Not loving that advice.

I'm just SO anxious to be done! I'm driving myself crazy.
I have a pretty high GPA, and a decent DAT score... So - I'm like... as long as I don't fail anything and I can still graduate, a couple of C's shouldn't matter... lol.

Seriously, though - Only a month and a half left and I dunno if I can make it. :p

I'm kind of in the same boat. I pretty much guaranteed my A's this semester so part of me is saying to go easy on the studying and part of me says to further guarantee those A's :(

So only, what?, 35 days left before we start hearing back from schools... Plus another 2 weeks after that till the semester's over (and I graduate - yaaay).

Is there really any reason to keep studying?
Please tell me I'm not the only one in this boat!

I'm already checked out and TOTALLY unmotivated to do anything. lol... So unlike me.

Anyone else feel like they're barely holding on??

Haha it takes every ounce of strength I have to make myself study this semester, and even then I don't study nearly as much as I have in the past. Just keep telling yourself that next semester you can lay around and play Call of Duty all day with your acceptance letters framed on the wall.

Just keep telling yourself that next semester you can lay around and play Battlefield 3 all day with your acceptance letters framed on the wall.

:cool: I like the way you think

Senioritis should not happen in college.

Just wait for an acceptance on December 1 hehe.
But right now, with no acceptances on hand, it would be a good idea to work as hard as you can.

When you have that acceptance, then you can just cruise to straight Bs and you'll be fine. Just don't get any Cs, as it'll look really bad on your transcript.

BTW, did you apply to only 1 school? I thought it was risky only applying to 6 schools lol.

lol. Yeah - I applied only to UK. My husband is going to pharmacy school there - and I really couldn't imagine being separated from him for four more years. We're already going to be apart this year while I'm finishing up undergrad, and it's been pretty intense.

I'm feeling somewhat confident, but it's still pretty nerve-wracking. Needless to say... I'm REALLY anxious for December 1st. :)

Jesus, thank God there are those of you that feel the same as I do.

I have zero interest in studying. I still do, but its not nearly the amount I used to. Amazingly, I'm still scoring well enough to beat or come close to people who are frantically studying. Add in the need to write part of a paper, a thesis, and 18 hours of course work. Oh yeah, mix in interviews..

Just. So. F-ing. Tired. Of. Undergraduate!

:cool: I like the way you think

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lol.

I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. I'm graduating in January and I plan to just chill during the spring (and yes, play me some BF3).

We just need to hold on until its all over. My GPA is not really amazing so if I don't do well this semester I'll be kicking myself in the @$$ for the rest of my life. SO DO WELL!

Definitely getting hard/impossible to motivate myself. Say you get accepted on Dec. 1, are you still safe if you get a C this semester? I am taking Physiology and Micro this semester and will prob end up with an A and C respectively unless something drastic changes.

Definitely getting hard/impossible to motivate myself. Say you get accepted on Dec. 1, are you still safe if you get a C this semester? I am taking Physiology and Micro this semester and will prob end up with an A and C respectively unless something drastic changes.

You should be fine...I've talked a lot of dental students, who after acceptance, slacked off and got like 2.5 GPAs. I wouldn't worry... (I'm kind of in the same boat for a class right now, so needless to say, I panicked and asked everyone)

I know some people in pharmacy school who were told by the admin that they were fine as long as they didn't get multiple C's in the semester (but one or two were fine). More than 2 or 3 was not good.

I would imagine dental school to be similar.

Oh - and seriously glad there are so many of you with the same problem. I feel like ever since my interview, undergraduate has just become pretty pointless. Unless I'm learning about teeth or drugs related to teeth, etc., I'm TOTALLY uninterested!

WOW I feel the same way. I absolutely never go to class except for on Wednesdays when I have Lab (but I even skipped that once)...so I basically have like a 6 day weekend. and I'm only taking 3 actual classes with another class pass/failed. I never study or anything except the night before exams. I am just hoping for B-'s or better because I'm not sure if dental schools would take away an acceptance after a couple of Cs in one semester. BTW, I applied to dental school with like a 3.8 GPA and 23AA so I feel pretty confident I will get an acceptance (4 interviews so far).