Separate questions about application and then DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLOSS UR TEETH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding the application and then one regarding the DAT.

Application:

1. Where do I list an online class that was taken over winter break? I also withdrew from the class and it was from a different school.

2. What is the quickest way to get my transcripts to AADSAS? Can I collect them now and send them to AADSAS myself if they are still in a closed envelope with the seal? They probably have to come directly from the student national clearinghouse but I figured I would ask anyways.

3. I plan to submit my application on or around June 1st. I plan on taking my DAT late July. Do you think I can still be considered for December 1st acceptances?

DAT:

1. If I happened to finish a section early (double checked all questions as well), will I be able to move onto the next section without having to wait for the timer to stop?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Where do I list an online class that was taken over winter break? I also withdrew from the class and it was from a different school.

If the ASDSAS is similar to the TMDSAS (texas specific), then it there should be a drop down box that allows you to choose between the different class types (regular, distance learning/online, honors, study abroad, etc). Someone more familiar with the AADSAS might need to correct me.

2. What is the quickest way to get my transcripts to AADSAS? Can I collect them now and send them to AADSAS myself if they are still in a closed envelope with the seal? They probably have to come directly from the student national clearinghouse but I figured I would ask anyways.
I found the easiest and quickest way was to let the schools send them directly to the application center.

3. I plan to submit my application on or around June 1st. I plan on taking my DAT late July. Do you think I can still be considered for December 1st acceptances?
It will take about 3 weeks for AADSAS to receive and post your scores after your test. Not sure how fast they blast them to the schools after that. If you take late July, they should post around mid August. I think interviews start late August, early September. But it is anyones guess when they start lining applicants up for those.

DAT:

1. If I happened to finish a section early (double checked all questions as well), will I be able to move onto the next section without having to wait for the timer to stop?
Yep. You can move ahead if you are finished.

If the ASDSAS is similar to the TMDSAS (texas specific), then it there should be a drop down box that allows you to choose between the different class types (regular, distance learning/online, honors, study abroad, etc). Someone more familiar with the AADSAS might need to correct me.

I found the easiest and quickest way was to let the schools send them directly to the application center.

It will take about 3 weeks for AADSAS to receive and post your scores after your test. Not sure how fast they blast them to the schools after that. If you take late July, they should post around mid August. I think interviews start late August, early September. But it is anyones guess when they start lining applicants up for those.

Yep. You can move ahead if you are finished.

Thanks! Anyone more familiar with the AADSAS?

http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio... ADEA AADSAS General Instructions Booklet.pdf

Bottom of page 29.

Special Classifications
Indicate if the course you are entering has any of the Special Classifications designations. Select “not applicable” if the course being entered does not have a special classification. Special Classifications are:
• Not Applicable
• Repeated Course
• Incomplete
• Distance Learning/Online Course
• Honors
• Study Abroad
• Advanced Placement/CLEP
• International Baccalaureate
• Credit by Institutional/Departmental Exam