September 2016 Journal Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLCpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Journal club overview:
- An article will be selected and posted each month. Please PM me an article you are interested in and I will select one.
- The person who suggested the article will give a BRIEF overview of the article
- We will discuss how we can use what we learned in practice and perhaps share some clinical experiences (remember not to disclose specific patient information)

This is open to DPM's, students and pre-pods!! All are invited.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are there any suggestions for articles this month?

I am hoping to get more students involved in the journal club. This is a great opportunity to get some great insight from residents and practicing podiatrists about topics you are interested in. If there is a certain topic you find interesting please post what it is. I will find articles related to that topic.

Members don't see this ad.

Any decent articles/research about walking patterns and how the soles of our shoes fall apart?

20160915_054911.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay. I'll work on that. Thank you for your input.
Sounds great! I don't have access to what you will have access to as a pod; specifically paid journals and members only material for phsycians.

Google is the best I can do

Any decent articles/research about walking patterns and how the soles of our shoes fall apart?

I didn't find exactly what you are looking for but here is an article that has some discussion on what you are talking about. Go ahead and read the article and share some things that you thought were interesting. Let me know if the link does not work.

Article link:

An article for the next month has already been chosen. It was suggested by AttackNME. I will post it the first week of October.