September DAT Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medadvicewanted

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on a september DAT retake? Too late?

Members don't see this ad.

Thoughts on a september DAT retake? Too late?

Still sitting at a 3.03 GPA? If so, it's kind of late. I won't suggest a magic number, but average/below average scores are going to make it tough. Early or late September will make a difference too. But it's not impossible. There is still a lot of activity in the spring. Keep a plan B in the back of your mind. Everyone should, actually. Next thing you know it's April and you're two months from applying again with the same application.

Thanks for the reply Jeffity, it may be just a bit higher as I finished a pharmacology/pathophysiology course at the end of july with an A-...just don't wanna rush the DAT and totally ruin all chances

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply Jeffity, it may be just a bit higher as I finished a pharmacology/pathophysiology course at the end of july with an A-...just don't wanna rush the DAT and totally ruin all chances

That's wise. Especially with a retake. If they bother to look, it looks like your recent work is good with post-bacc upper-divisions. And a possible masters in the works. Seems like you're doing everything right. Hit this books (videos) and practice tests hard and pull of something solid.

Right, I will be starting a Master's in Public Health this Sept. and I have secured a few really good (in my opinion) letters of rec so hopefully that will help too. Thanks again for your feedback