September too late for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentwannabe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think, is mid-September too late for DAT?

I'm taking the DAT on tuesday, and im about 99% sure i will make a 2nd attempt.

What do u guys think?
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

dentwannabe said:

What do u guys think?

bump.

i took mine in sept. and got 3 interviews (only attempt). since it will be your 2nd attempt, I would not worry.

if you're 99% you will have to take it again, why not put off your first one and study more this summer. take it at the end of july, then you won't need to worry about a 2nd attempt...

Members don't see this ad :)
September is certainly not late at all - the ADA has AADSAS beat on their turn-around time.

dentwannabe said:

What do u guys think?

September is not too late, but don't push it back no more. And send out your apps asap.

IWuvTeef said:
i took mine in sept. and got 3 interviews (only attempt). since it will be your 2nd attempt, I would not worry.

if you're 99% you will have to take it again, why not put off your first one and study more this summer. take it at the end of july, then you won't need to worry about a 2nd attempt...

Definately agree with the second paragraph from this guy. Why in hell are you taking your DAT now and wasting money when you are 99% NOT PREPARED?! What is the point? Study for 1-2 months, reschedule, and take it in July or August.

well...if you'r not ready right now....dont take it...give yourself more time like 3-4 weeks , then do it...if u need to retake it..u still got the time , if u got everything ready like the ROC's and the appli...etc!!

Yellow-Jellow said:
well...if you'r not ready right now....dont take it...give yourself more time like 3-4 weeks , then do it...if u need to retake it..u still got the time , if u got everything ready like the ROC's and the appli...etc!!

I agree w/this post. Don't take it "thinking" or even contemplating taking it in Sept., it could back fire on you. Take it when you feel good and ready. I took a huge chance by taking it in mid-Sept. (first attempt) and luckily it worked out, but if I would have done bad, then I would be SOL. Good luck!

wimmcs said:
I agree w/this post. Don't take it "thinking" or even contemplating taking it in Sept., it could back fire on you. Take it when you feel good and ready. I took a huge chance by taking it in mid-Sept. (first attempt) and luckily it worked out, but if I would have done bad, then I would be SOL. Good luck!

i'll update this post on tuesday when i get my score.

just wish me luck guys.

oh, is it me or is the kaplan QR really really hard?? is the real DAT like that? topscore sure isnt that hard...

The real deal is like Topscore.