serious advises needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclastudent1000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

Here is my situation: I had a 3.5 GPA and haven't earn anything less than an A in the last 2 years of school. I entered a post-bac program b/c my MCAT is a 28. I earned A, B, and C last quarter.
Is that "C" detrimental to my application? Should I even continue the program b/c I feel it's all for nothing now.

Should I just retake the mcat in april and apply with my undergrad grades as it is and not even mention my post-bac grade? Will med schools find out? I feel like I'm hurting myself by being such an idiot to do the post-bac program. Should have just retake the MCAT.

This is so hard to make this decision, to stick with the program or drop it and study for the mcat. any advises?

hey people- my post-bac is a 1 year program, not a master but all graduate level courses. Breakdown of the MCAT is V7 B: 10 P: 11

Members don't see this ad.

What class was the C in? You might want to stick with the program if you think you can start doing well in it. I would definately suggest you retake the MCAT and to that end, I think taking the post-bac program is helpful because the material on the mcat will be fresher.

man...
obviously you gotta make the decisions for yourself-
don't relay on sdn to fix your life.

anyways- why didn't you apply when you graduated in the first place? a 3.5 and 29 is enough to get you in somewhere...

how long is your post-bac program? if there is still lots of time left, just make sure u kick butt in the rest of it and you set.

either way thou.. if u know u can do better than a 29 on the MCAT then definitely retake.

and um.. not mentioning your post-bac grades could be risky and not worth it. your call thou.. seems a little shady thou.

if you want me to govern your life i say:
stay with the program AND study your MCATs... which is definitely possible to do. and give me 50 bucks.

peace,
mmz6

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had friends who got C's and still got into med school. All is not lost. In the end, no one really cares what you got. Go for it!

What kind of post-bacc program is it? a masters in a science?

A 28 MCAT will get you in to your state school and some other schools, probably. What's the breakdown, nothing below and 8 or 9.

You an average applicant, you'll need to seperate yourself from the rest. And you'll be a strong candidate for DO schools. I would have applied with your numbers.