punchdrunk7

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2009
Status
Dentist
So I am taking the DAT on July 9th. I am currently taking 15 credit hours, working 30 hours a week, and I am married. So finding time to study is very difficult. Would two months be enough to ensure that I can get a 20+ or not?
I am weak at math.... Most of all I want suggestions, thanks so much

azar87

MD 2 Be
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
New York
Status
Medical Student
Two months should be sufficient enough for you i understand you are a working individual but i'd have to know how well your knowledge is with the natural sciences i'd say nothing is impossible i know people that have done it a month with same circumstances with you but if you cud get started studying before hand as much as you can do it.........you will need to read kaplan blue book and make ur review notes and do all the kaplan subject tests then u should invest your money in DAT destroyer and math destroyer as you said ur worried about math that should be good practice for you.....try to make flashcard to do at work with you at all times........then you also need to do crack dat pat as much as you can get started on that ASAP and get topscore pro to practice on the computer..........this may seem like a lot but this is the standard to take the dat work hard and do as much as you can with ur time see how well you perform in one months time and keep going i feel you will be fine.....best of luck

flybry2000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I've spent about six months studying, and I'm a month away. I work 40+ hours a week, plus weekends. However, I haven't looked at any of my stuff for roughly three to four years, so i had to start from scratch. Looking back, I could've whipped it out quick, but I had to spend some time building my confidence more than anything, while disciplining myself. I think it's possible. Just use the right materials and you should be fine. If you're weak on math, i suggest Math destroyer, and DAT destroyer. I went through Math destroyer twice, and timed myself each time. CDP for PAT, cliff's for bio. If you have time, Chad's videos are great. I took extensive notes from them and reviewed them constantly (helpful for gen/o-chem)and destroyer for practice. Destroyer road maps are key. Also, I've heard topscore is great, and I will be moving to that next and DAT achiever once I'm done with Crack DAT series. Best of luck, and I hope you have some great scores!

Flybry2000

"Nothing comes easy, and if it did it wasn't earned."

OP
punchdrunk7

punchdrunk7

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2009
Status
Dentist
This is why I love this forum thanks to azar87, dancingah, and flybry2000. That is some great advice from all three and I will take it all into account.

azar87

MD 2 Be
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
New York
Status
Medical Student
thats what we're here for man to push one another and give each other some helpful advice hope all the best for you work hard and it'll pay off.