Serious Question about STDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Doctors-

So i have a female friend that called me crying today saying she found bumps and what looks like genital warts on her region. She is seeing a doc in a couple days but thinking that i was already a doc (i'm starting med school in the fall) she called me asking questions about what are some tell-tale signs of an STD. Unfortunately, i have no clue what one would look for. Does anyone on this forum that has experience with this stuff know any tell-tale signs of possible STDs on women? I know this might be a vague question but she is scared sh$%less and i don't know what to tell her. I told her it might just be a random infection that can be cured with antibiotics but that is a bullsh$% answer cause i'm ignorant. Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Since your description is vague and "you dont know what to tell her",the best advice is wait until she is seen by her physician so a proper diagnosis can be made. Genital warts(Condyloma).... if thats the case can be successfully treated with a variety of modalities.They can also be confused with another similar appearing condition called "molluscum contagiosum".

Status
Not open for further replies.