Seriously...don't we owe it to them

Started by dc2md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dc2md

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i don't know about everyone else, but i sure as hell feel grateful for this website. it has helped ME out soooo much during this whole match process. back in sept/oct i donated $20 to SDN via the "Support SDN" link at the upper right of the screen. personally, i feel good for supporting this awesome site. and frankly, i don't care if the owners are putting it right in their pockets. think about how much we've spent on applying to all the programs, buying all our useless books, etc. this website (with it's program reviews) has kept me from going to one PM&R program in particular for an interview...that's $400+ saved right there. spending an extra $20+ to support SDN is a small price to pay compared to what i've gotten in return. and when this whole match process is over, i'm gonna give another little bit. just think about it guys.
 
hey dc2, I agree with you. SDN has totally helped me out so far in the process and has given me great insight on aspects of medicine/residency that I would never have figured out by myself. On the flip-side, I definitely feel that many of comments on SDN (perhaps made out of extreme bitterness to the current field of medicine) have left me jaded. Though visiting the site makes me feel empowered, I also feel as though it's sort of a downer at times when I read replies and comments. I should take everything with a grain of salt.....