seriously what a tease! lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoColdInTheD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just venting my frustration so bear with me for a hot minute lol applied to 17 schools and so far zero interviews...I applied 6th batch and decent stats, 1000 hours volunteering, president of 2 student orgs, 19/19/20 DAT and starting to feel a little hopeless for interviews. I open my email this morning and find an email from LECOM with the subject "LECOM Dental Medicine" and I'm thinking this is finally it! only to find out they are just telling my my supp app has been processed and I can log in to check the status but I could log in and check my status 2 months ago so idk what the point of that email was haha

I must say LECOM...you are a tease lol but I'd love an interview!

Thanks for reading...and if getting this email would frustrate you too then give me an AMEN! haha good luck to everybody this cycle!:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Just venting my frustration so bear with me for a hot minute lol applied to 17 schools and so far zero interviews...I applied 6th batch and decent stats, 1000 hours volunteering, president of 2 student orgs, 19/19/20 DAT and starting to feel a little hopeless for interviews. I open my email this morning and find an email from LECOM with the subject "LECOM Dental Medicine" and I'm thinking this is finally it! only to find out they are just telling my my supp app has been processed and I can log in to check the status but I could log in and check my status 2 months ago so idk what the point of that email was haha

I must say LECOM...you are a tease lol but I'd love an interview!

Thanks for reading...and if getting this email would frustrate you too then give me an AMEN! haha good luck to everybody this cycle!:laugh::laugh:

Agreed, I was wondering how so many people have their interviews already. Im second batch and I received the same email as you this morning. -____-. I guess I really need a great GPA in order to get their attention.

Your DAT is the problem. 19 is not enough! But maybe you'll get an interview. Who knows?? If I were you, I would retake the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake . Apply more broadly. Plenty of schools will give you an interview with a 19. I have 3 scores under a 19 and 4 interviews. Applying smart and broad is key!

I have a 19AA and I have had 4 interviews with one of those being LECOM. Keep your head up! I am sure you'll get an interview.

Thanks for the replies but I have no intention to retake my DAT...It is the average score of matriculated students and I am perfectly content with it

I remember getting the email from Buffalo stating:

"Dear DDS Applicant:

I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine...

:eek:

...and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees.

:eyebrow:

Such a tease. It's ok though because I eventually did get an interview invite from them lol.