Seriously!!!???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeLu

Cookie Monster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need some advice on studying. I just took my first NBME (school finals) - Pharm. We had 3 days to study for it. So my plan was just to study FA. Well, first off, let me say - I've never looked at FA pharm before. I studied FA 2009 for my first year shelves (a year ago!) but we didn't have pharm so I didn't bother then. Well, I ended up getting thru antibiotics, ANS, endocrine & GI pharm in 3 days (4 out of the 12 sections). I wouldn't even say I knew them 100%, especially the side effects.

To my utter amazement, I am realizing my plan for step 1 studying will never work if I am that slow to study. I have spent a lot of time perfecting my study materials (FA, Goljan audio, RR Path, BRS Path, BRS physio, HY neuro, HY behavioral, CMMRS, 99 HY Molec & CB, UWorld - I only have RR path for the margins, I can't read the BP style). I haven't cracked a one of them until now. And I only have 5 weeks to study after these shelves are over. I don't even know if I could get thru FA once in 5 weeks at this pace. What the heck should I do? I am guessing I need to cut it down to just FA & UWorld and hope I pick up the speed. I'm an above avg student at my school, never struggled with classes. Def struggling with this!!!:confused:

Thank you for your advice!!

Oh - I am thinking DIT might help push me thru the FA material, but lots of $$ & maybe it will take too much of my 5 weeks with watching videos with less time to actually memorize it all??

Members don't see this ad.

That is waaaay too much stuff, I think.

Stick to one Path book. Get rid of most of the books except the ones that are highest yield.

In order, I'd say

FA
BRS Path
U World
And either Goljan or DIT.

Look at my thread and give me feedback, please? And good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
FA + UWorld...PERIOD!

Absolutely!! I have been going crazy doing the Taus method. Since January, i've been writing all of these books into my FA, memorizing FA, doing world questions, and writing the explanations into first aid. I would say that 98% of the questions that I get right come from FA and the other world explanations. The other stuff is good for understanding, but its basically all in those two sources.

That being said, I havn't done neuroanatomy yet. I think i'm going to have to go to high yield for that

Absolutely!! I have been going crazy doing the Taus method. Since January, i've been writing all of these books into my FA, memorizing FA, doing world questions, and writing the explanations into first aid. I would say that 98% of the questions that I get right come from FA and the other world explanations. The other stuff is good for understanding, but its basically all in those two sources.

That being said, I havn't done neuroanatomy yet. I think i'm going to have to go to high yield for that

You'll feel the burn if you don't toss in a Patho source like BRS or RR