Seton Hall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get into SHU yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone apply there and is waiting for their response?

I'm sending in an application this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have just sent mine in a few weeks ago but my GRE scores are not sent yet. Do you have any idea when they would answer back, I emailed them but they still did not respond back...anyway,hope we both get it. :)

I have just sent mine in a few weeks ago but my GRE scores are not sent yet. Do you have any idea when they would answer back, I emailed them but they still did not respond back...anyway,hope we both get it. :)

Since the deadline is Feb 15, I'd imagine sometime in March/early April?

They are taking forever to make those decisions...lol. If anyone hears form them, let me know. Thanks.

Like Sniffy, said their deadline is on the 15th of this month. Be patient you will hear from them a week or two after. I know how nerve-raking<sp?> it is, but you hear soon after that.

DEEP BREATHS!..:xf::xf:

They are taking forever to make those decisions...lol. If anyone hears form them, let me know. Thanks.

I think this is my last shot at becoming a PT.

I think this is my last shot at becoming a PT.

I'm in a similar position. It's amazing that a low GPA from an intense pre-med program has left me literally begging to get into a DPT program.

Does anyone know if they interview or not, because someone in the forum previously mentioned that they don't. Just checking.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a 4 year program. Does anyone know why it's so long? Do they have summer semesters off?

I don't mind that it is a 4 year because it is going to be lest compressed than taking it in a 3 year program. I think that during the summer you do your clinical work but no classes are given during summer session.

If they don't interview students, isn't that bad because the student doesn't get the chance to explain to them why that student got a low GPA or GRE scores. My GRE score isn't that good and I am kind of worried about that. Ukraine and sniffy do you guys mind stating your GRE scores.

GRE: Math 710 Verbal 460

What worries me is the fact that they only take 26 students.

Wow, that is a really good GRE score...lol what about your GPA. I can't believe that other schools did not accept you.

My GPA's pretty low. Only, overall 3.05 and prereq 3.16.

My GRE was 1320; GPA: 2.94; science GPA: 3.51.

you guys have good GRE scores. My GRE is Q 600 and V 290 ...lol, really low. Anyway, hope we all get in. let me know if you hear anything, I will also do the same. Thanks.

That's exactly right, no summers, it's a Fall and Spring program only, that's why it gets stretched to 4 years. Also no cadaver anatomy unless something got changed. 4yr(8sem)= more credits/semester compared to 3yr(9sem)

They accept only 26 students b/c their class rooms are small, and many classes are at night to accommodate adjunct faculty. The faculty is great. I use to attend SHU for undergrad and had a few friends in the DPT program.

I don't mind that it is a 4 year because it is going to be lest compressed than taking it in a 3 year program. I think that during the summer you do your clinical work but no classes are given during summer session.

Hey, what was ur writing score? I ask b/c your verbal is really low. IF ur writing is a 4 or 5+ adcom's can say you prolly got nervous etc. but if it's low like below 3 then I would HIGHLY recommend studying for the GRE's and retaking the exam. I took em twice and I improvedd my verbal, but got the same exact writing and math score, but it showed slight improvement. but you knew this :)

you guys have good GRE scores. My GRE is Q 600 and V 290 ...lol, really low. Anyway, hope we all get in. let me know if you hear anything, I will also do the same. Thanks.

That's exactly right, no summers, it's a Fall and Spring program only, that's why it gets stretched to 4 years. Also no cadaver anatomy unless something got changed. 4yr(8sem)= more credits/semester compared to 3yr(9sem)

They accept only 26 students b/c their class rooms are small, and many classes are at night to accommodate adjunct faculty. The faculty is great. I use to attend SHU for undergrad and had a few friends in the DPT program.

So in the summer students do clinical affiliations?

Hey, what was ur writing score? I ask b/c your verbal is really low. IF ur writing is a 4 or 5+ adcom's can say you prolly got nervous etc. but if it's low like below 3 then I would HIGHLY recommend studying for the GRE's and retaking the exam. I took em twice and I improvedd my verbal, but got the same exact writing and math score, but it showed slight improvement. but you knew this :)
I don't know my writing score yet, because I still did not get it from the ETS but hopfully I should be getting it soon as well as SHU. But I think that I did not do that great in it either because during the first essay I was really nervous I lost my focus. But I somewhat did well on the second one. I don't think that I'll take it again because the deadline for all the schools already expired.

NO, They can if they choose, but u have summer vacation. OR might have the option of taking 1 class.
So in the summer students do clinical affiliations?

I don't know my writing score yet, because I still did not get it from the ETS but hopfully I should be getting it soon as well as SHU. But I think that I did not do that great in it either because during the first essay I was really nervous I lost my focus. But I somewhat did well on the second one. I don't think that I'll take it again because the deadline for all the schools already expired.

shu does have cadaver lab MIKE told me but he said its not that important and we make it seem!

i applied and sent in my application in november for the early admissions and i just found out last week that i was accepted... i had ruled out that school but i think i will be attending there... its between shu and liu the brooklyn campus....

Both are great schools but I think that SHU is better than LIU. The only bad thing about SHU is that it's an extra year than LIU. Anyway, congrats.

thanks a bunch... this weekend i was doing by budget plan.... HORRIBLEEE

cq524... When does the deposit for your acceptance eat Seton Hall have to be in by? I was placed on the wait list and the school is not giving out too much info.

the deposit was due today 4/13/09 i personally handed it in myself