Setting up a pharmacy brown bag event

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pillpharmer

Grabbin' pillz.
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I've read of pharmacy schools doing brown bag events where patients bring in their medication and students review them to check for interactions, duplicate therapy, etc.

My preceptor on my rotation is head of an adult enrichment board in my pharmacy and she mentioned that they wanted to set up a brown bag event at a local adult day care facility. She's kinda handed off setting up the project on me so I have a few questions on other people who have been involved in an event like this.

Did you have a consent form? I've found some templates on the internet. Who would keep these forms? The facility? Our pharmacy?

What references did y'all have? I know drug interaction programs, lexicomp, etc would be helpful.

Any other input would be really helpful.
 
Never had a consent form. Consent form implies liability and we are not offering 'medical advice'. If there is a problem we send them to their PCPs and let them get sued.

The patient populations of the med reviews we've done have been really targeted (reduction of various AEs in the elderly), so we've basically just used the Beers List ...